- LHMC has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Stroke Certification
- LHMC is accredited by The Joint Commission.
Rated five stars by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2020-2022).
Rated four stars by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services in 2023.
Recognized as one of 2022 #100TopHospitals in the US by #Fortune and #Merative.
- LHMC has a Level III trauma center designation from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.
- The Leapfrog Group – LHMC has received a straight “A” grade in hospital safety from the Leapfrog Group since 2018 (A-F grade scale).
- Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award since 2019.
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Patient Safety since 2019.
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Patient Safety since 2019.
- Healthgrades Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pneumonia since 2021.
- Healthgrades Five-Star Recipient for Gallbladder Removal Surgery since 2021.
- Healthgrades Five -Star Recipient for Treatment of Diabetic Hospitalizations since 2023.
- Lake Huron Medical Center is recognized by Blue Cross and Blue Shield as a Blue Distinction Center of Excellence for providing care to patients requiring hip or knee replacement surgery.
- LHMC Lab is accredited by The Joint Commission.
- LHMC Pharmacy is certified by The Joint Commission in Medication Compounding.
- LHMC has been designated a Lung Cancer Screening Center by the American College of Radiology (2019).
- We are accredited by the American College of Radiology Accreditation for: Mammography, Breast Ultrasound,
Stereotactic Breast Biopsy, Breast MRI, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computed Tomography (CT), Ultrasound
and Positron Emission Tomography (PET).
- Designated by American College of Radiology as- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence and Lung Cancer Screening Center.
- In Cardiology we are accredited by Intersocietal Accreditation Commission in Echocardiography.
- American College of Radiology Accreditation – Radiation Oncology Practice.
- Women’s Choice Award® as one of America’s Best Hospitals for Emergency Care (2016, 2019).
- LHMC is certified through the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services to provide Diabetic Self-Management. Training and is accredited by American Association of Diabetes Educators.
- Michigan Stroke Network – The LHMC Emergency Department is affiliated with the Michigan Stroke Network, working together to deliver the most comprehensive stroke care in the state of Michigan.